Some of the Projects for 2014
|Mahila Abhivrudhi Mattu Samrakshana Samasthe (MASS)
Belgaum district, Karnataka
The organization came into existence in 1997 to secure rights and justice for women and children.
- Prevention of child trafficking and child marriage
- Identify and monitor malnourished children
- Ensure access, quality & services of primary, secondary and high schools
- Re-enroll drop-out children and child laborers with a special emphasis on the girl child
|DISHA – VIHAR
Munger district, Bihar
Disha Vihaar was started in 2002 – 2003 to work towards integrating the backward, exploited Dalit communities into the mainstream society.
- The government systems are defunct and do not address the needs of the underprivileged
- Quality of education in the schools is poor in terms of educational materials, curriculum and regularity
- Discriminatory attitude of the teachers and upper castes adds to the woes of the marginalized children
|Society for Advancement in Tribes, Health, Education And Environment [SATHEE]
Godda District, Jharkhand
This project works with the most marginalized tribal communities of Paharia.
- Bring the government schemes and ICDS to these regions
- Increase accountability of the government officials and politicians
- Increase birth registration to 100%
- Increase employment opportunities
Imphal Proper & Imphal West District, Manipur
The organization was started with a vision for creating productive youth by collectively enhancing health, human rights and gender justice.
- High incidence of malnourishment and HIV/AIDS
- Accessibility to education is low and the school dropout rate is high
- Domestic violence, armed conflict, unstable law and order situation
- Trafficking of children and women
- Abject poverty and unemployment