Projects for 2018 (Click on the Project names for more details)
|Mahila Abhivrudhi Mattu Samrakshana Samasthe (MASS)
Belgaum district, Karnataka
The organization came into existence in 1997 to secure rights and justice for women and children.
- Prevention of child trafficking and child marriage
- Identify and monitor malnourished children
- Ensure access, quality & services of primary, secondary and high schools
- Re-enroll drop-out children and child laborers with a special emphasis on the girl child
|DISHA – VIHAR
Munger district, Bihar
Disha Vihaar was started in 2002 – 2003 to work towards integrating the backward, exploited Dalit communities into the mainstream society.
- The government systems are defunct and do not address the needs of the underprivileged
- Quality of education in the schools is poor in terms of educational materials, curriculum and regularity
- Discriminatory attitude of the teachers and upper castes adds to the woes of the marginalized children
|Association for Development and Health Action in Rural Areas (ADHAR)
Balangir district, Orissa
In 1992, a group of educated youth of the Loisingha block started working on social issues of the local communities under the banner of ADHAR
- To ensure of adequate infrastructure in schools.
- To ensure teacher’s appointment in all project villages.
- To ensure 100% enrolment in schools and preschools.
- Reduce 90% of drop out and migrant children out of the total 38.
- Formation and strengthening of new School Management Committees (SMC).
- To increase children’s participation in child collectives – ensure children’s voice is heard and recognized in society.
- To reduce child migration with opening seasonal hostel in the project area.
|Doaba Vikas Evam Utthan Samiti (DVEUS)
Kaushambi district, Uttar Pradesh
|Society for Advancement in Tribes, Health, Education And Environment (SATHEE)
Godda District, Jharkhand
This project works with the most marginalized tribal communities of Paharia.
- Bring the government schemes and ICDS to these regions
- Increase accountability of the government officials and politicians
- Increase birth registration to 100%
- Increase employment opportunities
|Dr. Sambhunath Singh Research Foundation (SSRF)
9 slums in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
In the initial phase, the organization worked in the field of protection and development of culture, art and literature. Over the last 2 decades, SRF has undertaken interventions on child rights, women’s empowerment, human rights, urban development and environment protection in rural, semi urban and urban areas
- To create an enabling environment that empowers children to influence decision making on issues that affect them.
- To create informed sensitized, empowered family members and community to stop child marriage.
- Ensuring vigilant governance for child protection in operational areas.
- Ensuring access and quality education for all children at primary, upper primary and secondary school level.